AUSTRALIA TOUR OF INDIA, 2023 by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on Share Tweet “Yes, Rishabh was a very, very important player for us in the middle order, how he batted in the last few years for us, we’ll definitely miss that,” Rohit © Getty Two key middle order batters will be missing in action when India face off against Australia in the first Test in Nagpur, both of them well-equipped in handling tricky Indian pitches with their own methods. Since January 2021, Rishabh Pant has been the highest run-getter for India in Tests played at home, while Shreyas Iyer is third on the list. But Pant is currently recovering from injuries sustained in a road accident while Iyer is nursing a back issue. Their absence has left India pondering over the combination for the first Test. While KS Bharat and Ishan Kishan are the two wicketkeeping options available for India (KL Rahul can keep wickets too), Iyer’s non-availability leaves the hosts with two batters who are relatively untested in the middle order. Shubman Gill has opened in 14 of the 15 innings he has played for India and has not batted lower than No.3. Suryakumar Yadav, who is yet… Read full this story
- India’s tricky selection test ahead of Sydney contest
- India vs Australia: Who will make Sydney grade?
- India Vs Australia, 3rd Test: Here's how India's Probable XI might be in Sydney
- India Vs Australia: Probable India XI for 3rd Test in Sydney
- India Vs Australia, 2nd Test: Here's how India's Probable XI might be in Sydney
- India vs Australia: No fixed cast for India’s opening show
- India vs Australia: Smith reveals faster footwork and attacking intent against Ashwin worked wonders
- Australia under pressure as India aim to retain Border-Gavaskar Trophy
- Ajinkya Rahane ensures that the real India stands up
- India vs Australia 3rd Test | Tim Paine hopes for high-intensity David Warner's return
Suryakumar or Gill? India yet to decide on filling key middle order slot have 305 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at August 8, 2023. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.