Former U.S. President Donald Trump on Saturday said he expects to be arrested on Tuesday as New York prosecutors consider charges over a hush money payment to a porn star, and called on his supporters to protest. “Illegal leaks from a corrupt & highly political Manhattan district attorney’s office … indicate that, with no crime being able to be proven … the far & away leading Republican candidate & former president of the United States of America, will be arrested on Tuesday of next week,” Trump wrote on Truth Social. A spokesman for Trump said the former president had not been notified of any arrest. Trump provided no evidence of leaks from the district attorney’s office and did not discuss the possible charges in his post. “Protest, take our nation back!” said Trump, whose supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol building on Jan. 6, 2021, to try to overturn his 2020 presidential election defeat. The probe comes as Trump seeks the Republican nomination for the presidency in 2024. Supporters of former U.S. President Donald Trump are seen on a boat in Lake Worth Lagoon behind his Mar-a-Lago resort after he posted a message on his Truth Social account saying that he expects to… Read full this story
- How GOP became party of Trump's false claims
- Why did Trump cancel his press conference today?
- Remove Donald Trump or we will: Democrat threat after America's day of shame
- Joe Biden Inauguration – President’s grandson Beau steals show as UK PM Boris Johnson hails ‘fantastic’ new POTUS
- The Memo: Threats to democracy are stark one year after Jan. 6
- Orthodox Jews in Brooklyn rebel against Cuomo's Covid-19 clampdown on their neighborhoods
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Altria - Marking the Jan. 6 'chaos and carnage'
- The Hill's Morning Report - Biden champions filibuster reform, but doesn't have the votes
- Tucker Carlson: Joe Biden has given Democrats more power to harass political enemies
- The 51st State? Washington Revisits an Uphill Cause With New Fervor
Trump says he expects to be arrested on Tuesday, calls for protests have 321 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at March 19, 2023. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.