Sheikh Hasina said on Saturday that her country’s first cross-border oil pipeline with India will play a vital role in ensuring fuel security in Bangladesh at a time when the world was facing a serious energy crisis due to the Ukraine war. Hasina said this while virtually inaugurating with her Indian counterpart Narendra Modi the 131.5-km Bangladesh-India Friendship Pipeline’ on Saturday. Terming India a “true friend” of Bangladesh, Hasina said she wanted this friendship to remain intact. The pipeline costing Rs 377 crore is part of energy sector cooperation between the two neighbouring countries through which Bangladesh will import petroleum, especially diesel from India. “When many countries across the world are on the verge of a fuel crisis due to the Russia-Ukraine war at that time this pipeline will play a vital role in ensuring the fuel security of our people,” Hasina said. “The friendship pipeline is a milestone achievement in cooperation for the development between the two friendly countries,” she said. Apart from ensuring fuel security, the pipeline will increase the economic growth,” she said. Hasina said the time and expenditure for importing diesel from India will be reduced significantly by this pipeline. “We have settled all our bilateral… Read full this story
- India to play key role in FCA’s global Jeep growth plan
- India's exceptional death bowling is SK Turning Point of 3rd T20I
- Time for India to adopt smart manufacturing, say industry experts
- PM attends summit to enhance ASEAN solidarity
- 'The challenge for the Make-in-India initiative for the auto sector'
- 2014 Yamaha FZ FI version 2.0 India first ride
- Honda Cars India introduces Honda Connect at Rs 2,999
- PM Narendra Modi bets big on hydrocarbons and biofuels
- India to cut down oil & gas imports by 10%, says Petroleum Minister
- Afghanistan have unlimited potential as they prepare for inaugural Test against India
Oil pipeline with India will play vital role in ensuring fuel security in Bangladesh: PM Hasina have 296 words, post on energy.economictimes.indiatimes.com at March 19, 2023. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.