Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/mothershipsg Health Minister Ong Ye Kung spoke in Parliament on the Healthier SG White Paper on Oct 5, addressing the needs of the growing aged population, as well as elaborating on the integrated nature of Singapore’s health care. The challenges associated with an ageing society can be better managed by maintaining healthy lives and practices. Romance of the three healthcare systems Ong said that Singapore’s healthcare system was in fact three interconnected systems, “working together to deliver good health”. Acute care First is the acute care system, which works on curing and treating the very sick. Ong said that this was what people thought of when they contemplated the healthcare system, comprising hospitals, specialist clinics, and emergency departments. Singapore was expanding this system, with more acute care and community hospitals being built in upcoming years. Public health system Second is the public health system, or rather the systems put in place to maintain the health of the public. This included the setting up and maintaining of the family doctor network, the practise of regular health screenings; as well as encouraging good lifestyle habits. Another important part is the control of infectious diseases,… Read full this story
- Alone and aging: Creating a safety net for isolated seniors
- Minnesota nonprofit connects seniors to groceries
- Could YOU bear to live in a family commune?
- Special evaluations can help seniors cope with cancer care
- More older people are living home alone official figures have REVEALED
- Why confusion leads seniors to turn down home health care
- Exclusive: Catalan independence leader Carles Puigdemont on reinventing nationalism in a new century
- 'A member of the family': How pets enrich the lives of seniors in assisted living
- China's technology revolution is leaving its senior citizens behind
- DR MAX THE MIND DOCTOR: The lesson that could save so many young lives
Society must not isolate seniors, help them to live independently instead: Ong Ye Kung have 306 words, post on mothership.sg at November 5, 2022. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.