Synopsis Egypt has been one of India's largest trading partners in Africa and the promotion of bilateral trade, India-Egypt trade touched a record high of $7.26 billion during FY2021-22, and Indian investments in Egypt exceed $3.15 billion. India and key Arab state of Egypt on Saturday decided to explore opportunities in new and renewable energy; trade and investment, education, tourism and connectivity and agreed to promote independent thinking in a polarised world. "Will explore opportunities in new and renewable energy; trade and investment, education, tourism and connectivity," Foreign Minister S Jaishankar tweeted following hai meeting with his Egyptian counterpart in Cairo. India also extended India's support to Egypt for its COP27 Presidency. "Recognised our exchanges in defence and security; capacity building; economic and commercial domains, including in IT, energy, pharma & health, agriculture, infrastructure, chemical, cyber security and SMEs," Jaishankar tweeted giving flavour of his dialogue. Jaishankar further pointed out that bilateral cooperation in multilateral forums remains robust. He also welcomed Egyptian participation in G20 next year and in BRICS New Development Bank and SCO. "As states active in shaping global debates, discussed developments in our regions and exchanged views on Ukraine conflict and Indo-Pacific. A polarized world needs independent… Read full this story
- ‘PM Abe says a strong India is beneficial for Japan … security and strategic relations are rapidly catching up’
- India’s east brims with enormous potential, government’s Purvodaya vision will ensure it bears fruit
- Trump's Trade Tariffs With Europe Could Cost Volkswagen Up to $2.8 Billion: CEO
- Mind And Heart: For boost in India-Vietnam economic ties, the two must go beyond strategic imperatives
- Energy Security and Grid Resilience
- Who Should Explore Space: Robots or Humans?
- India Signs $5 Billion Deal for Russian Air Defense Systems
- How Venezuela has become an unlikely land of opportunity for tech startups
- PM arrives in Saudi Arabia; to attend key economic forum, hold bilateral talks with King Salman
- PM Modi Leaves For Saudi Arabia To Attend Financial Forum
Jaishankar visit: India, Egypt explore opportunities in energy, trade & investment have 326 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at October 16, 2022. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.