Bill Barr has received approving nods recently for finally publicly turning against his former boss, rejecting Donald Trump's claims of election fraud in testimony before the January 6 committee and repeatedly condemning on Fox News both Trump's theft of classified government documents and the bizarre court decision letting a special master consider Trump's absurd claims. While some have noted that this recent turn does not make up for his gross mishandling of his office over the 22 months he served as attorney general, most people give Barr credit for his recent dalliance with the truth. Credit for moving the public discussion closer to reality is one thing, but no one should think that Barr is having second thoughts about the awful things he did in office. To the contrary, Barr's recent trashing of Trump in a manner likely to greatly impair his presidential prospects makes perfect sense when one understands the driving convictions and objectives that have guided him throughout his adult life. Remember that Barr sought out the opportunity to serve as Trump's attorney general by submitting a memorandum in June 2018 , expanding upon his long-held, breathtaking vision that the Founders created an all-powerful president immune from virtually… Read full this story
- Barr Dismisses Trump’s Claim That Russia Inquiry Was an Obama Plot
- Bill Barr was right about this
- How top secret Pentagon summit plotted to defy Trump's orders
- Five takeaways: Report details Trump's election pressure campaign
- Donald Trump Faltering? Die-Hard Fans Refuse to Buy It
- Durham’s Attempt to Discredit Trump’s Enemies Is Falling Apart
- The Lawyer Behind the Memo on How Trump Could Stay in Office
- Barr accuses protesters of "fascistic" tactics. They said the same about feds
- Report Cites New Details of Trump Pressure on Justice Dept. Over Election
- Durbin: Trump's Final Days 'Were Half a Step Away' From a 'Full Blown Constitutional Crisis'
Why Bill Barr Turned on Trump have 308 words, post on www.theatlantic.com at September 19, 2022. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.