September 05, 2022 09:33 Typhoon Hinnamnor, which is expected to be the most powerful typhoon to hit Korea, is forecast to pass 30 km off the coast of Seogwipo, Jeju Island on Tuesday morning before skirting on Geoje Island, Busan and Ulsan. The entire country comes under the influence of the typhoon on Monday and Tuesday, which brings between 100 mm and 300 mm of rain. Jeju will see more than 600 mm of rain. The critical period will be between Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning. According to the Korea Meteorological Administration, the 11th typhoon of the year is expected to reach Jeju Island at 1 a.m. on Tuesday morning before skirting the southeast coast. It will come no closer than about 280 km to Seoul. A KMA official said, “Meteorological agencies in other countries project Hinnamnor to make landfall on the Korean Peninsula, so we must prepare for the worst.” Typhoons usually lose power as they travel, but the atmosphere surrounding Hinnamnor is actually strengthening it, which means it could hit Korea with even more force. Humid air continues to flow in from the Indian and South China seas as Hinnamnor hovers over the ocean whose temperature remains above… Read full this story
- Japan bids to harness the energy of super typhoons
- Hong Kong braces for typhoon Kompasu, 2nd major storm in 3 days
- Typhoon barrels towards Hong Kong and south China coast
- Hong Kong 'not out of the woods yet' from Typhoon Kompasu: Expert
- Typhoon Kompasu moves rapidly with gusty wind of level 13
- North Korea crisis: Kim Jong-un breaks down in 'sobbing tears' at parade speech - VIDEO
- What is going on! Secret video broadcast from North Korea - haunting message transmitted
- As Leaders Argue, South Korea Finds China Is No Longer an Easy Sell
- Korea rapidly approaching 'super-aged society'
- IPL: In-form CSK, KKR brace for high-octane battle
Korea Braces for Super Typhoon have 293 words, post on english.chosun.com at September 5, 2022. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.