– A + A PUTRAJAYA (Aug 5): Applications to hire foreign workers have been stopped temporarily from Aug 15 to 31, the Human Resources Ministry (KSM) said on Friday (Aug 5). It is to enable a review of foreign worker procedures, following the Employment (Amendment) Act 2022 that will be enforced from Sept 1, the ministry said in a statement. “The new procedure for foreign worker applications beginning Sept 1, 2022 will be announced soon," the ministry said. Applications submitted by employers before or on Aug 14 would be processed and completed before or on Aug 31, 2022. The Employment (Amendment) Act 2022 passed by the Parliament in March, involves the extension of maternity leave from 60 days to 98 days, restrictions to firing pregnant workers, as well as the introduction of paternity leave for married male workers.
- Labor Dept: Foreign Worker Hiring ‘Highly Susceptible to Fraud’ from Before 2003
- COVID-19: UK's foreign aid target 'could temporarily be cut to pay for coronavirus crisis'
- Day 2 of workers’ strike at Chandigarh’s GMCH: 15 temporary labourers hired to clear waste
- Almost one million more EU citizens have applied to stay in the UK after Brexit than had been expected as applications hit 4.2 million
- HS2 worker is filmed kneeling on the neck of a protester who was allegedly using a catapult to fire carrots into high-speed rail site
- Boris Johnson Floats Temporary Foreign Aid Spending Cuts During Coronavirus Crisis
- Golden Globes Changes Foreign-Language Eligibility Rules In Latest Tweaks Due To Coronavirus Crisis
- Pakistani workers banned from entering UAE, know why Indians are being preferred
- Louisiana seeks more time to implement new criminal background checks for child care workers
- Applications for H1-B to be accepted from April 3
Foreign worker applications stopped temporarily from Aug 15 to 31 have 260 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at August 6, 2022. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.