Billionaire Jeff Bezos has been slammed online after he attacked President Joe Biden for blaming gas companies for setting high prices at the pumps. In a July 3 tweet, Biden said: “My message to the companies running gas stations and setting prices at the pump is simple: This is a time of war and global peril. Bring down the price you are charging at the pump to reflect the cost you’re paying for the product. And do it now.” His comment came as Americans continue to navigate crippling inflation over the July 4 holiday weekend. Americans face paying a staggering average of $4.812 for gas, according to gasprices.aaa.com. The website said in 2021 the national average for gas was $3.127. The Amazon CEO soon stepped in and berated the Democrat for pleading with gas companies to bring down their prices. Bezos said in a tweet shared the same day as Biden’s: “Ouch. Inflation is far too important a problem for the White House to keep making statements like this. It’s either straight ahead misdirection or a deep misunderstanding of basic market dynamics.” Bezos’ comment did not go unnoticed, however, and while many praised the billionaire, there were many who hit… Read full this story
- Tornado update – Jeff Bezos slammed for celebrating Blue Origin space trip after Amazon warehouse collapse that killed 6
- Jeff Bezos slammed over ‘late’ tornado response 20 hours after twister killed six Amazon workers
- Jeff Bezos slammed for Blue Origin launch praise as Amazon workers die in Tornado chaos
- Jeff Bezos Responds to Amazon Warehouse Tornado Tragedy After Being Blasted for His Silence
- Joe Biden presidency sparks 'buyer's remorse' in US - Trump could 'win comfortably' now
- Jeff Bezos ‘heartbroken’ over tornado deaths at Amazon warehouse
- 'Most embarrassing moment in our history' Trump shames Joe Biden over Afghanistan
- Conservatives target Biden pick for New York district court
- ‘He’s the Mad Hatter’ — Sen. Barrasso Calls Biden’s Spending ‘Alice in Wonderland’ Logic
- Bitcoin rises 164% in year as inflation soars -'US dollar is no longer safe'
Jeff Bezos slammed over Biden inflation tweet: "Buyer's remorse" have 329 words, post on www.newsweek.com at July 3, 2022. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.