AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content. In the latest Apple Crime Blotter, a new lawsuit says Michael Jackson’s iPhone was stolen after his death, iPhones are taken from a music festival, and big iPhone trouble for an African soccer star. The latest in an occasional AppleInsider series, looking at the world of Apple-related crime. Department of Justice seized iPhones from two attorneys involved in January 6 probe In the last week of June, the Justice Department seized iPhones belonging to a pair of attorneys, both in connection to legal attempts to block the certifying of electoral votes on January 6, 2021. John Eastman, who as a Trump campaign legal adviser laid out scenarios to set aside electoral votes, alleged in a legal filing that federal agents confronted him as he left a restaurant on June 22 and seized his iPhone 12 Pro. Eastman claimed he was not shown the warrant until after the iPhone was taken, and also that he “was forced to provide biometric data,” presumably in order to unlock the phone. Eastman asked in the… Read full this story
- Shameful 'cover-up culture' at top of the Met: Leon Brittan's widow breaks her silence over child sex abuse probe, savages police for 'moral failure' and slams Tom Watson for 'the most despicable thing a human can do'
- People with 'Kashmir-centric mindset' term our stir communal: Jammu lawyers
- Kathua rape: SC warns Jammu lawyers for 'obstructing process of law'
- Woman jailed for misappropriating more than 25,000 iPhones from repair company, earning S$3 million
- Lawyer From Capitol Riot Says He Would Die in Fight For Freedom About Election Results
- Thai Authorities Seize Over $US 33 Million in Assets from Forex-3D Boss
- Lawyers for UK's Prince Andrew hit back at US authorities over Jeffrey Epstein inquiry
- Dubai dubbed new 'Costa del Crime' where money talks and British gangsters flock
- Former lawyer gets jail for pocketing S$31,000 from clients
- 38 cases registered after January 26 violence in Delhi
Crime blotter: iPhones seized from two lawyers associated with January 6 probe have 333 words, post on appleinsider.com at July 3, 2022. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.