Ngụy Thị Khanh, former head of NGO GreenID and known for advocating the reduction of coal-fired power in Vietnam, was handed a prison sentence for economic crimes, not her environmental activism, spokesperson for the foreign ministry Lê Thị Thu Hằng said on Thursday. Ngụy Thị Khanh, director of Vietnam's Green Innovation and Development Centre (GreenID), has been arrested for tax fraud. — Photo courtesy of Hanoi Police During the regular press briefing held in Hanoi, Hằng said that on June 17, the People’s Court of Hanoi opened a first-instance trial and had subsequently sentenced the 46-year-old Ngụy Thị Khanh to 24 months in prison for tax evasion under Article 200 of the Penal Code. She was arrested earlier in February by the Hanoi’s police. The investigation and trial process were conducted in accordance with the provisions of law, Hằng said, adding that the trial was held in public and the defendant's rights were fully guaranteed as prescribed by law. "Vietnam resolutely combats and strictly punishes in accordance with the law, ensuring the rule of law in the country. All citizens are equal before the law," the spokesperson noted. Vietnam has implemented awareness campaigns and education measures to gradually raise citizens’… Read full this story
- Utilization and Delimits of Tax Avoidance
- Govt sets up high-level panel to check money laundering activities
- World's Strangest Taxes
- Is Bank Secrecy Disappearing?
- Tutorial on Workers' Compensation
- Never Pay Retail For a Vehicle Again
- Gun Control in the USA
- Investing In A Developing Economy - A Possible Solution To Global Financial Crisis
- Public Debt Management System - Government Accounting Phenomena
- Anti Money Laundering - Indian Perspective
Environmentalist prosecuted for tax evasion, not her activism: Foreign ministry have 272 words, post on dtinews.vn at June 24, 2022. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.