(CNN) Tattooed crew members at British airline Virgin Atlantic are now welcome to show off their ink while in uniform. The airline updated its policy regarding tattoos on Tuesday, according to a news release. They claim they are “the first UK airline to allow visible tattoos.” “Until today, any uniformed Virgin Atlantic employee had to make sure that their tattoos were covered,” said Virginia Atlantic in the release. “But now, employees can show off their ink to the world, while still representing Virgin Atlantic in their uniform.” Alaska Airlines launches gender-neutral uniform policy for flight attendants and other staff Estelle Hollingsworth, Chief People Officer at Virgin Atlantic, emphasized the importance of self-expression in the release. “At Virgin Atlantic, we want everyone to be themselves and know that they belong. Many people use tattoos to express their unique identities and our customer-facing and uniformed colleagues should not be excluded from doing so if they choose,” she said, according to the release. Read More “That’s why, in line with our focus on inclusion and championing individuality, we’re relaxing our tattoo restrictions for all our people. We’re proud to be the airline that sees the world differently and allows our people to truly… Read full this story
- We have lift-off! Virgin Atlantic's converted plane 'Cosmic Girl' takes to the skies for the first time with 'LauncherOne' rocket attached
- Virgin Atlantic expands partnership with TCS
- Virgin Atlantic to start second daily flight on London-Delhi route from March 29
- Virgin tests its 'LauncherOne': Converted Atlantic plane 'Cosmic Girl' taxis down the runway with a rocket attached for the first time
- Routes: Japan route shakeup, Virgin’s A350, Singapore, BA, SAS, Delta, more
- Virgin Holidays just launched the ultimate Star Wars Galaxy's Edge package
- Now the space race is REALLY on! Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic is set to go public in a $1.3bn deal as it 'prepares to take first fee-paying passengers to space in a year'
- Jon Culshaw relives nightmare of ‘missing’ his own stage show on Chris Evans Virgin Radio Breakfast Show
- Jane Moore announces £1million giveaway in The Sun Readers’ Fund on the Chris Evans Breakfast Show on Virgin Radio
- Virgin Galactic launches SpaceShipTwo to the edge of space
Employees at Virgin Atlantic can now show off their tattoos have 360 words, post on edition.cnn.com at June 6, 2022. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.