Putin ‘carrying nuclear case to deter assassination’ says host This article contains affiliate links, we may receive a commission on any sales we generate from it. Learn more Sign up for our news briefing, including a daily special Russia-Ukraine edition SUBSCRIBE Invalid email We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info At a joint news conference in Madrid, Defence Secretary Ben Wallace has said that rising instability coupled with hunger in Africa could have a significant impact on Europe. Referencing allegations made by western leaders that last year Russia supported Belarus in encouraging thousands of migrants fleeing war to cross into Ukraine in retaliation to EU sanctions, Mr Wallace said: “If (Russia) can use migrant flows as a weapon at one end of Europe, they can certainly use it at the other.” Spain’s Margarita Robles added that the expansion of Russian operations in countries like Mali and Libya was “very clear”. She said: “NATO cannot remain indifferent in this situation.” FOLLOW BELOW FOR UPDATES… UK issues global alert… Read full this story
- UK must freeze Russian assets to send Vladmir Putin clear message over murder of Alexander Litvinenko
- Russia Ukraine war RECAP: Putin 'used illegal VACUUM BOMB' today during invasion
- UK weather: Health alert issued as Brits to sizzle in 34C heatwave this week
- Ukraine-Russia war latest LIVE: Putin branded a ‘HYPOCHONDRIAC’ as expert says there’s ‘no evidence’ dictator is sick
- Germany ready to RATION energy as Russia cuts supplies – but Putin offers way out
- Global inflation, Russia-Ukraine war aren't going away soon: Nomura’s Richard Koo
- Why did the UK choose Rwanda? Inside troubled past and new 'common ground'
- Vladimir Putin's key speech delayed because of 'massive' cyber attack in Russia
- Ukraine war: Hungry Africans are victims of the conflict, Macky Sall tells Vladimir Putin
- India should keep a watch on Russia changing from equal partner to China to its client state
UK issues global alert as Russia 'expanding into Africa' in new Putin plot have 339 words, post on www.express.co.uk at May 26, 2022. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.