NBC Sports said Thursday that Maria Taylor will be the new host of Football Night in America , NBC's weekly studio show that leads into the network's Sunday Night Football . Taylor, who joined NBC from ESPN less than a year ago, had been a co-host of the Sunday primetime program alongside Mike Tirico, who is joining the SNF booth this upcoming season alongside Cris Collinsworth. He replaces Al Michaels, who exited after the end of this past season and is moving to Amazon to call its nascent slate of Thursday night NFL games alongside Kirk Herbstreit. In addition to the FNA role, Taylor executive producing an eight-part documentary series on the history of the Black quarterback in the NFL. It eventually will stream on Peacock. Since joining NBC, Taylor has had roles including hosting the Tokyo and Beijing Olympics and the Super Bowl LVI Pregame Show. "Maria is the perfect choice to carry the legacy forward of anchoring the most-watched studio show in sports," NBC Sports executive producer Sam Flood said in announcing her promotion. NBC's Sunday Night Football has been broadcast TV's most-watched show for 11 consecutive years.
- Thursday Night Football 2020 Schedule: Full Slate of Games, Times, TV Channel
- How the birth and death of the NASL changed soccer in America forever
- 'She has no right to wreck our history': Former NYT reporter in xenophobic Twitter meltdown at 'foreigner' Melania's new White House garden - but then claims his 'complex point' has been 'misunderstood'
- REVEALED: Melania Trump's new overhauled White House Rose Garden where she will make the case for president's re-election on Tuesday during her convention speech
- Football ace forced to call family to confirm he’s alive after ex-club says he DIED
- Copa America: Will 12-month delay enhance Messi and Argentina's chances of glory?
- NFL 2020 Sunday Night Football Schedule: Full Slate of Games, Times, TV Channel
- America's Got Talent: Sofia Vergara makes debut as new judge on season 15 of NBC talent show
- Mike Tirico and Danica Patrick team up again on NBC’s Indy 500 coverage
- Megyn Kelly To Exit Fox News This Week, Joins NBC News To Host Daytime Show & New Sunday Evening Newsmag – Update
Maria Taylor Named New Host Of NBC’s ‘Football Night In America’ have 358 words, post on deadline.com at May 20, 2022. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.