In the late summer of 2016 Stefan A. Halper met with at least three of Donald Trump's associates in England and the United States, bragging about his friendship with Russian spies who "can be very helpful to us at this time." As they listened to his tales of foreign intrigue and promises of illegal foreign help, what George Papadopoulos, Carter Page and Sam Clovis did not know was that Halper was not who he said he was. He was, indeed, a spy, but his handler was not the Kremlin – it was the FBI. Armed with leading questions and on at least two occasions a hidden tape recorder, Halper had been tasked by the bureau with finding dirt on the Trump campaign. Halper's undercover operation, which was documented in a report by the Department of Justice's Inspector General, would prove largely a bust. Transcripts between Halper and Trump campaign officials would show that none of them took the bait, or appeared to otherwise be soliciting Russia's help in the 2016 presidential campaign Even now, it might seem odd that the FBI made Halper, then a septuagenarian Cambridge University professor, a linchpin of its top-secret counterintelligence probe codenamed "Crossfire Hurricane." But… Read full this story
- McAuliffe-Linked Law Firm Billed $700 An Hour Fighting Parents Of Special-Needs Children | The Daily Wire
- Time Is Running Out to Indict Trump for His Sex Hush Money Payment to Stormy Daniels
- Claiming He Was ‘Framed,’ Papadopoulos Says He Might Scrap Plea Deal With Mueller
- TALKING ABOUT THE MEDIA CIRCUS
- The Man I Saw Them Kill
- Saturday Night Live flatters Jennifer Lopez, who sort of deserves it
- The Right to Health
- Russia and the Threat to Liberal Democracy
- After Years of Sexual Abuse Allegations, How Did This Doctor Keep Working?
The Curious Case Of Stefan Halper, Longtime ‘Zelig’ Of American Scandals Who ‘Crossfired’ Trump | The Daily Wire have 293 words, post on www.dailywire.com at March 10, 2022. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.