Australian celebrity scientist Dr Karl Kruszelnicki has revealed the alarming reason why you should always be flushing the toilet with the lid down. In a video posted to He said the particles eventually land around your bathroom, sometimes even on your toothbrush. Scroll down for video Australian celebrity scientist Dr Karl Kruszelnicki explained the reason you should always be flushing the toilet with the lid down Dr Karl, 73, who has degrees in medicine and biomedical engineering, said flushing with the lid up releases a ‘polluted plume of bacteria and water vapour’ ‘If you flush with the toilet lid up you could be brushing your teeth with toilet water,’ he said in the clip. The popular scientist said when you flush with the lid up, bacteria and water particles ‘erupt’ from the toilet bowl into the air around the bathroom. ‘The plume and water particles float around for a few hours around your bathroom before they all eventually land and some of them could even land on your toothbrush,’ he said. ‘I guess that’s one way to get the males in your household to put the lid down.’ RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Organisation queen reveals how to ward off mould… Read full this story
- This is the gross reason you should never flush the toilet with the seat up
- Why did the NHS let me change sex? Star witness in court battle against clinic that fast-tracked her gender swap aged 16 reveals what happened when she made a cry for help
- Now killer virus reaches Europe: Hunt is on in UK for 2,000 people who flew in from Wuhan in last two weeks as France declares three cases and first British patient to be tested reveals treatment in 'spaceman suits'
- Fighting a silent epidemic: Women living with a disorder that causes them to pull out their hair share their stories - as experts reveal why so little is known about the compulsive (and common) condition
- Why Kiwis are hooked on Donald Trump and the US election
- Dead Zones: Devil in the Deep Blue Sea
- EastEnders' Christmas script stolen: BBC launches investigation
- The bizarre, unhealthy, blinding media contempt for Julian Assange
- Awesome Tech You Can’t Buy Yet: Old-school instant cameras and an atlas of Mars
- I'm 59 and haven't hit menopause - and it's all down to great sex!
Scientist reveals the 'disgusting' reason why you should NEVER flush your toilet with the lid up have 377 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 27, 2022. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.