March Madness on Friday went totally mad. Historically mad, to be precise. As Sweet 16 action wrapped up across the country, No. 15 seed Saint Peter’s continued as one of the biggest stories of the tournament, knocking off No. 3 seed Purdue and in the process becoming the first ever No. 15 seed to advance to the Elite Eight. The Peacocks weren’t the only ones to spread their wings in what turned out to be a fantastic day of hoops. Caleb Love turned in a dominant performance to drag North Carolina to the Elite Eight, Remy Martin kept riding his postseason heater for Kansas, and Miami won a slugfest in convincing fashion over Iowa State to set up a Midwest Regional showdown with the only remaining No. 1 seed in the tournament: Kansas. The stories from Friday were plentiful. We’ve got all the takeaways from the day that was below to get you up to speed ahead of the weekend. Saint Peter’s makes history The story of Friday night was the story of the 2022 NCAA Tournament: Saint Peter’s. On National Peacock Day, the Peacocks became the first No. 15 seed to ever reach the Elite Eight. Their 67-64 victory… Read full this story
- Virginia Tech, North Carolina meet in Coastal showdown
- Florida State reloads for next run to NCAA Tournament
- ACC 2019-20 predictions: Defending national champs ranked ... 4th?
- The good (K-State), bad (MSU's offense) and weird (ACC Coastal) from a wild Week 9
- Tar Heels, Blue Devils meet in ACC rivalry game
- Ga Tech begins season with cloud of potential NCAA sanctions
- AP Top 25 Takeaways: Week before showdown, Wisconsin exposed
- AP Top 25 Takeaways: Heisman Chase, upset Saturday in Big 12
- Louisville looks to continue climb up ACC ladder
- Title hopes alive, but ACC standings are the least of Pitt’s concerns
NCAA Tournament scores, takeaways: North Carolina, Miami join Duke as ACC sends three teams to Elite Eight have 292 words, post on www.cbssports.com at March 26, 2022. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.