Deputy Commissioner of Kalaburagi Yeshwanth Gurukar has assured that public toilets for women will be built in 15 days at Bhimalli village in the district. The officer, who was in the village along with zilla panchayat Chief Executive Officer Dileesh Sasi as part of his village stay programme on Saturday, gave the assurance after receiving a number of requests concerning various issues including those related to public toilets. He made it clear that the Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department had stopped providing funds for building toilets and, hence, he would see that the toilets would be built utilising the corporate social responsibility (CSR) funds. As the officers arrived in the village, they were offered a grand welcome by the villagers in a traditional way. They were taken in a horse-drawn carriage in a procession that was led by the village's cultural teams and school children performing traditional art forms. The entire village wore a festive look with people wearing colourful dresses and decorating their houses and public buildings. Mr. Gurukar and Mr. Sasi joined the cheering villagers and danced with them playing traditional drums for a few minutes. Responding to the appeal by Mr. Gurukar, villagers gifted him some… Read full this story
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor drives CSR programme across India
- WNBA president Lisa Borders is leaving to become CEO of ‘Time’s Up’
- NBA Hall of Fame: Why Warriors’ Rick Welts calls ‘Chase Center’ project most difficult of his career
- This Is The Saddest Attempted Stadium Grift I've Ever Seen
- MLB and NFL will participate in New York City Pride March for first time this year
- Hurdles in realizing Indonesia`s predicted future
- ESPN's Cassidy Hubbarth talks sideline reporting, the state of the NBA, and learning from Stuart Scott
- How A Bootleg Prep School Profited By Ripping Off Teens With NBA Dreams
- N.F.L.’s Alternate ‘Cheerleaders’ Don’t Cheer or Dance. They Mingle.
- College football will struggle to define 'integrity' in the age of legalized sports betting
Kalaburagi Deputy Commissioner assures public toilets for women using CSR funds have 325 words, post on www.thehindu.com at March 19, 2022. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.