With rapid increase in passenger air traffic in India, the country would need 2210 new aircraft over the next two decades, a senior official of Airbus said on March 24. The fleet could comprise 1770 new small aircrafts like A220 and 440 medium and large aircraft, Head of Airline Marketing India and South Asia, Airbus, Brent McBratney said. To serve its growing aviation industry, India will also require an additional 34,000 pilots and 45,000 technicians by 2040. Also read: Finnair launches Helsinki-Mumbai direct flight services, to operate from July 2022 “Over the next decade, India will grow to have the largest population in the world, its economy will grow the fastest among the G20 nations, and a burgeoning middle class will spend more on air travel. As a result, passenger traffic in India will grow at 6.2 per cent per annum by 2040, the fastest among the major economies and well above the global average of 3.9 per cent,” said Brent McBratney, Head of Airline Marketing, Airbus India and South Asia. India has witnessed an upward trend in the growth of air traffic over the last 10 years — with domestic traffic growing almost threefold and international traffic more than… Read full this story
- FAA's new cleaning methods at air traffic towers aim to curb flight delays
- Air traffic to recover fully only by Q4 of FY23: Crisil
- First Saudi women to train as air traffic controllers in a foreign country graduate in Palmerston North
- Inside the air traffic control tower: Wellington's most unusual building on the market
- India needs policy interventions to reduce the consumption of ultra processed foods (UPF): Dr Arun Gupta
- India needs to quell the communal demon
- China expands naval threat to Indian Ocean with new aircraft carrier base – WW3 warning
- Oxygen’s in the air: Great expectations of good governance
- Does Tech Need a New Narrative?
- Need a new TV obsession? 7 reasons why Sky's new side-splitting comedy Bloods should be at the top of your 2021 watch list!
India needs over 2000 new aircrafts in next two decades as air traffic expected to grow: Airbus have 311 words, post on zeenews.india.com at March 25, 2022. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.