USATSI SAN FRANCISCO — On Saturday in a gleaming palace built for basketball that they call the Chase Center, Mike Krzyzewski will coach in his 1,437th college game. What awaits? Glory or defeat? No. 2 seed Duke is a win away from making the Final Four and sending Krzyzewski there for the 13th time. With a win over No. 4 seed Arkansas , Krzyzewski would break the tie for most Final Fours in a career with the legendary John Wooden. “The Final Four is mecca for player and a coach,” Krzyzewski said Friday. “It’s just — there’s nothing like it.” The Blue Devils (31-6) will face up with the Razorbacks (28-8) in a matchup nearly three decades in the making. The last time Duke and Arkansas played it was on a stage bigger than this: the 1994 national championship game. Arkansas won its only title. Eric Musselman has the Hogs in the Elite Eight for a second consecutive season, a feat last accomplished at the school by those 1994 title-winning Razorbacks, who pushed to the Elite Eight (and then the Final Four) a year later. If Arkansas ends K’s career, it would double as the seventh Final Four run in… Read full this story
- Cheshire Phoenix head coach aims for BBL play-offs in new season
- Westren admits Okehampton ‘deserved to win’ after losing derby at Polson Bridge
- Old Firm derby pits best current British coach vs my pal Steven Gerrard, who could one day eclipse him
- Bledisloe Cup: Wallabies coach Michael Cheika unfazed by critics calling for his head
- Olympic clock ticking on boxing's 'cultural change'
- Glamorgan Cricket: Ex-captain Jim Allenby says county needs structure change
- Robert Croft: Head coach hopeful on Glamorgan's T20 chances
- NRL: Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy questions Storm's hunger to defend title
- Luis Enrique: Spain don't have to change their style
- How the multi-billion-dollar US college sports industry exploits its stars
After losing to UNC, Coach K changed how he was coaching and it has Duke still alive in the NCAA Tournament have 302 words, post on www.cbssports.com at March 26, 2022. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.