The benefit of using a food delivery service when you're starving is that you don't physically have to go anywhere to pick up the food yourself, saving you time in exchange for a little extra money. Though apps and delivery services offer an estimated delivery time when customers place orders, slowdowns at restaurants and other circumstances can lead to longer wait times, resulting in stressed-out drivers and disgruntled customers. Food delivery service DoorDash is hitting back against slowdowns — and they're aiming straight at fast-food titan McDonald's . According to a new report , DoorDash will start charging McDonald's locations that are slow to prepare orders and take a higher commission from those locations if drivers are often waiting on orders. Related: Viral Video Shows Workers Not Taking Deliveries Without Tips, Sparks Debate: ‘We Can Pick and Choose’ McDonald’s outposts that frequently make mistakes with customers’ orders will not be reimbursed for the cost of the refunds. DoorDash takes an estimated 15.5-11.6% commission from reliable restaurants, while rates for slower restaurants will range from 17.6-20.1%, per the Wall Street Journal . “Commission rates are just one component we consider when establishing these strategic agreements, which often take into account unique and reciprocal business objectives… Read full this story
- The Hill's Morning Report - App flap delays Iowa caucus results
- Cops can easily get months of location data, appeals court rules
- Revealed: Assault, robbery and blackmail among crimes reported in parliament
- This tool reveals which of your favorite apps are sharing way too much data
- Million-pound homes are still on the up despite Brexit: Here are six VERY different properties around the country with a seven-figure price tag
- Fresh food delivery service booms amid epidemic
- New concept brings fine dining, but only by delivery
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 5
- More diners, restaurants help Grubhub beat revenue estimates
- Is This The Scariest Doomsday Sect in China?
Report: DoorDash Will Increase Fees for McDonald's Locations That Are Slow and Mess Up Orders have 312 words, post on www.chron.com at February 15, 2022. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.