Dr Rama Joshi The incidence of cancer is rising steadily globally as well as in our country. Around 13 lakh new cancer cases were diagnosed in India in 2020 as per ICMR . Cancer not only impacts the person’s health but also has social psychological and economical implications. The word cancer is used to define a collection of diseases that share one unique characteristic – the uncontrolled growth of cells having the potential to spread to other parts of the body. Its site of origin defines the primary cancer and affects all age groups. The management of cancer is challenging and requires definite histopathological diagnosis, metastatic workup and before treatment, based on the type of cancer and depends on the stage of the disease. Management usually involves a multimodality treatment approach with site specific onco-surgery, systemic therapy including chemotherapy, immunotherapy, targeted therapy, hormonal therapy and radiation therapy to achieve the best results in terms of survival as well as quality of life. In early stages the 5 year survival of many cancers approaches more than 90%. Accurate detection, stage, type and sub-type of cancers and radiographic evaluation of cancer are important clinical challenges in oncology . Artificial intelligence in oncology… Read full this story
- Artificial Intelligence – a game changer in revolutionizing drug discovery
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Transforming Out-Of-Home Advertising For Small Businesses
- Internship Alert! Apply for Artificial Intelligence Vacancies This Week
- ‘Let It Run 24-Hours A Day’: How Artificial Intelligence And Automated Tractors Will Change The Face of Farming | The Daily Wire
- How Artificial Intelligence Allows Businesses To Focus On Critical Cyber Risks
- Stock Market | Artificial Intelligence: How are AI tools helping DIY investors?
- West Bengal: Artificial Intelligence, data science as higher secondary subjects from next year | Kolkata News - Times of India
- Should We Have A Robot Tax? Part 1
- Killer robots 'a bigger threat to mankind than climate change' warns top AI expert
- Mark Cuban talks race and robotics
How artificial intelligence and robotics have changed the oncology landscape in India have 309 words, post on health.economictimes.indiatimes.com at February 6, 2022. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.