A semiconductor plant in the Việt Nam-Singapore Industrial Parks (VSIP) in the northern province of Bắc Ninh. — VNA/VNS Photo HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam remains an attractive destination for foreign investors, including those from Singapore, thanks to the Government's concerted efforts and measures to improve business climate and the expansion of free trade agreements. They are the views of Singaporean Ambassador to Việt Nam Jaya Ratnam who spoke to the Vietnam News Agency on the threshold of the Lunar New Year. The diplomat highlighted that Singapore had been the leading source of foreign direct investment (FDI) into Việt Nam for two consecutive years, with money injected into a wide range of areas such as financial and insurance services, manufacturing, real estate, and wholesale and retail trade. “The Việt Nam-Singapore Industrial Parks (VSIP) are the cornerstone of Singapore's economic engagement with Việt Nam,” he said, adding they had attracted some US$14 billion and generated over 270,000 jobs in Việt Nam over the past 25 years. Developing the digital economy would be a key priority for both nations in the coming decades, the diplomat added. Singapore welcomed the deepening of digital economic collaboration with Việt Nam, particularly as Việt Nam had identified the… Read full this story
- Viet Nam to take opportunities from green energy
- COVID-19 fighter: Don’t miss out with Viet Nam News’ new app!
- Viet Nam equity market draw back foreign bettors
- Japanese firms choose Viet Nam for production expansion
- Viet Nam and New Zealand to use electronic clearance for agricultural products
- Viet Nam to develop night-time economy
- COVID-19 to create an M&A wave in Việt Nam
- COVID-19 fighter: Don’t miss out with Việt Nam News’ new app!
- Việt Nam and New Zealand to use electronic clearance for agricultural products
- Home to Việt Nam's warm care
Việt Nam a magnet for Singaporean investors: Ambassador have 309 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 26, 2022. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.