Synopsis Wipro employs more than 80,000 cloud professionals, and more than 10,000 of our colleagues are now certified by leading cloud-service providers, CEO Thierry Delaporte says. Mumbai: Wipro Ltd. has staffed more than a third of its workforce to its cloud business—the company's fastest growing vertical—to cater to clients who are looking to shift applications from in-house servers to data centres. That's according to Chief Executive Thierry Delaporte , who in the first year of his tenure has led the Bengaluru-based IT services firm to clock revenues rivalling larger peers . "Wipro employs over 80,000 cloud professionals, and more than 10,000 of our colleagues are now certified by leading cloud-service providers," said Delaporte. "We have employed more than 40,000 trained professionals in AI over the last few months…built a workforce of 7,500 specialists in the cybersecurity area." As on Sept. 30, Wipro had a total staff strength of 221,365. The company has won over $2.4-billion worth of deals in the past four quarters, a significant chunk of which was for cloud services that now comprise a third of Wipro's deal pipeline and generate 70% of new revenue, Delaporte told analysts on November 19 . In June, Wipro announced the launch… Read full this story
- TCS CEO says up to 59% of company's developers are now working on Agile areas
- Comcast CEO Says Olympics Plans Going "Full Steam Ahead" Despite Coronavirus
- Assam NRC data goes offline; it's safe, says MHA
- BoM to upgrade cloud infrastructure in AU$16.5m deal with Unisys
- Budget 2019: Defence allocation disappoints military
- This breast cancer advocate says she discovered a Facebook flaw that put the health data of millions at risk
- Top Barclays banker 'insists he thought £322million Qatar deal was legitimate despite joking with lawyers about the secret "bung" he and three colleagues covered up to protect their bonuses'
- Nokia names new CEO after missing 5G opportunity
- Trump says US is 'ready' for novel coronavirus outbreak as cases spread worldwide
- US-Taliban peace deal: India reiterates support for 'Afghan-led, Afghan controlled process'
Wipro CEO says allocated a third of total workforce on cloud deals have 325 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.