Breaking News Getty 2:45 PM PT — NASCAR tells TMZ Sports Deegan will be required to take sensitivity training before the start of the 2021 racing season. NASCAR’s Hailie Deegan — a 19-year-old female driver who’s a rising superstar in the sport — was forced to apologize Sunday night after she used the r-word during a virtual race earlier in the day. Deegan — who’s scheduled to drive full-time in NASCAR’s Truck Series in 2021 — was streaming on Twitch when another driver appeared to nudge her virtual car during the video game race. Play video content Twitch “Oh! Hey!” Deegan said during the clip. “Who's the r***** behind me?! Don't do that, please.” Video of Deegan’s comment quickly went viral — with critics slamming her for using the offensive word … and a short time later, the driver issued a lengthy apology on her social media page. “Earlier tonight I used an insensitive word during an online race being broadcast on twitch,” Deegan said. “It was inappropriate slang and a stupid thing to do. I apologize to everyone who was offended by it.” Deegan added, “There’s no excuse for it, and I know I have to do better for… Read full this story
- NASCAR star Hailie Deegan poses with Trumps ahead of Daytona 500: 'Goal complete'
- Daytona 500: Hailie Deegan Shows off Helmet Signed by Donald Trump
- A new hope: Hailie Deegan’s success could transform NASCAR
- Hailie Deegan, 18-year-old NASCAR phenom, met Trump at the Daytona 500
- Donald Trump Jr. Helps Teen NASCAR Star Hailee Deegan Get Her Helmet Signed by the President
- NASCAR Drivers Ecstatic After Trump Visit to Daytona
- NASCAR Drivers Praise Trump as ‘Man of the People’ After Daytona Visit
- Friday 5: Free agency could dramatically alter 2021 driver lineup
- Race of survival at Daytona: Will drivers keep blocking despite risk?
- Ryan Newman Fan Posts Throwback '500' Photo as They Cheer Him on During NASCAR Race
NASCAR Driver Hailie Deegan Uses R-Word During Virtual Race, Must Take Sensitivity Training have 310 words, post on www.tmz.com at November 1, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.