That was the message delivered at a workshop held in Hanoi on January 3 by the Vietnam Women's Union and the supervisory team of the National Assembly (NA) on prevention and combating child abuse and domestic violence. Nguyen Thi Thu Ha, President of the Vietnam Women's Union, said although Vietnam had a relatively complete legal system and child protection policies in place, they were still not effective enough to put an end to the problem. Statistics from the Criminal Police Department under the Ministry of Public Security showed 2,643 cases of sexual violence against children were reported in 2017-2018. But it was only the tip of the iceberg as a lot of cases have not yet been detected or the victims and their families failed to report the cases to the authorities. The supervisory reports of the NA at 17 provinces and cities nationwide revealed most of sexual abuse and violence were made by relatives or acquaintances of victims. Nguyen Thi Thanh Hoa, Chairwoman of the Vietnam Association Protection of Child' Right, said adults in the family often got angry and considered it as a reason for committing acts of violence against their children. The number of calls to the… Read full this story
- US legislation targets online child sexual abuse; threatens encryption on Facebook, Google
- U.S. legislation targets online child sexual abuse; threatens encryption on Facebook, Google
- Thandie Newton on the ‘Tragedy’ of Trump and Her ‘F*cking Awful’ Time Exposing Hollywood Abuse
- How the killing of an abusive father fuelled Russia's war over family values
- Congress proposes anti-child abuse rules to punish web platforms — and raises fears about encryption
- Can a separate police force tackle pedophilia effectively?
- Patriarchy and power: how gender inequality underpins abusive behaviour
- 'My search for the boy in a child abuse video'
- Sexual violence at schools is endemic. The government can’t ignore it any longer
- How Rape Survivor Wed School Sweetheart and Built a Family After Having Hit Man Kill Her Abusive Dad
More work needed to protect children from violence and sexual abuse have 325 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 27, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.