People line up at a Covid-19 testing site at Seoul Plaza in central Seoul Wednesday, after health authorities announced that Korea reached a record high of 4,116 daily cases. [YONHAP] Korea reported 4,116 new Covid-19 cases Wednesday, a new record, with the number of critically ill patients also hitting an all-time high of 586. This was the first time daily cases surpassed 4,000 since the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic last year. Wednesday’s count was up by 1,417 patients from Tuesday. Prime Minister Kim Boo-kyum said Wednesday that the Seoul metropolitan area needs to be ready to activate an emergency response plan at any time, highlighting the urgency of the situation. Of the daily cases, 4,088 were local infections and 28 were imported, and the total caseload reached 425,065, according to the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency (KDCA). The cases broke the previous daily record of 3,292 reported last Thursday. The country saw 34 more fatalities from Covid-19, the highest number since the start of the fourth wave of the pandemic in July, bringing the death toll to 3,362. The number of critically ill patients has been on a steady rise since the beginning of the month. At 586,… Read full this story
- Over 3 million traveled through U.S. airports in weekend before Christmas as COVID cases hit record high
- Daily Covid cases hit August low
- Oregon and Idaho are running out of I.C.U. beds as Covid cases hit records.
- India facing 'horrible situation' as COVID cases hit a new record
- California’s Daily Covid Case Count Hits New Summer Surge High After ICU Capacity Hits New Low
- Sydney hospitals erect emergency tents as COVID-19 cases hit record
- Sydney hospitals erect emergency tents as Covid-19 cases hit record
- Floridians Are Turning on Ron DeSantis as Covid Deaths Hit Record High
- Scotland records huge increase in daily Covid cases
- Daily Covid Cases Fall Below 50k in Maharashtra in 30 Days, Mumbai Has Lowest Infections Since Mid-March
Daily Covid cases hit another record, 4,116 have 308 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at November 24, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.