Johnathan Van-Tam warned ‘hospitalisations will rise’ (Image: Sky News) Sign up to receive our rundown of the day’s top stories direct to your inbox SUBSCRIBE Invalid email We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info It comes as the Joint Committee for Vaccination and Immunisation said booster jabs should be offered to all over-18s to stop the spread of the variant. BioNTech also announced it is working on a vaccine to specifically target the new variant of the virus, amid fears that the current vaccines won’t work against the heavily mutated strain. A further six cases of the Omicron variant were identified in Scotland today, bringing the total number of cases found in the UK so far to nine. THIS BLOG IS NOW CLOSED. Additional reporting by Olivia Stringer KEY EVENTS Javid fails to rule out future lockdowns 22:19 Thousands rush to book booster jabs 21:44 JCVI outlines five-point plan 15:52 Two more Omicron cases identified 15:35 BioNTech begins working on Omicron-specific vaccine 12:44 UK calls urgent G7… Read full this story
- Stock Market Investing - Long-Term Or Short-Term?
- Six Tips For Proper Care of a New Tattoo
- Great Relationships Begin Within!
- Interview With Author John R Afamasaga About His New Work "GUIPOPERA II"
- The Bubble Has Burst - When New Creation is the Only Viable Option
- Staff Retention Begins With the Hiring Process
- Mr Beer Review - Good Beginner Brewing Kit
- So, You Want to Know About the Salem Witch Trials - Part Four - Individual Lives Affected
- Democrats zero in on Warren at fourth debate
- Karma Is! [Part 2]
Covid: Scramble begins for booster jabs - Long waits as new variant sows panic have 285 words, post on www.express.co.uk at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.