Summary Qualcomm jumps on upbeat outlook Weekly jobless claims fall more than expected Moderna tumbles as it sees lower COVID-19 vaccine sales Indexes: Dow down 0.25%, S&P up 0.24%, Nasdaq adds 0.55% Nov 4 (Reuters) – The S&P 500 and the Nasdaq hit record highs on Thursday on stellar earnings reports, with investors looking past the Federal Reserve’s asset tapering plan as borrowing costs remain low. The Dow slipped from an all-time closing high hit on Wednesday, dragged down by big banks JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPM.N) and Goldman Sachs Group (GS.N) which slipped 1.7% and 2.6% despite steepening of the yield curve. Shares of Qualcomm Inc (QCOM.O) jumped 11.4% after the chipmaker forecast better-than-expected profit and revenue for its current quarter. read more Rival Nvidia Corp (NVDA.O) also climbed 9.9% to provide the biggest boost to the S&P 500 and Nasdaq, while the Philadelphia SE semiconductor index (.SOX) added 2.1%. Electronic Arts Inc (EA.O) and rival Take-Two Interactive Software Inc (TTWO.O) gained 2.9% and 2.3%, respectively, after they boosted their 2021 adjusted sales forecasts on strong gaming boom. read more Three of the 11 major S&P sectors advanced. Financials (.SPSY) and healthcare (.SPXHC) declined more than 1%. The S&P… Read full this story
- Stocks drop again as Big Tech tumbles.
- A $200 Billion Threat: Google, Facebook And Big Tech Gear Up For Summer Antitrust Battle
- Big Tech's not-so-secret plan to monopolize your home
- Unchecked Big Tech endangers U.S. national security | Opinion
- Brussels’ hypocritical failure to regulate big tech shows the deep flaws in the union
- Lauren Boebert throws down gauntlet to Instagram in latest big tech battle
- Investors eye Big Tech as stock market wobbles
- Biden to Name a Critic of Big Tech as the Top Antitrust Cop
- Biden administration appoints Big Tech critic, but Apple not a primary target
- Petrol crisis LIVE: Now gas reaches record highs as UK industry shutdown
Big Tech, chipmakers power S&P 500, Nasdaq to record highs have 305 words, post on www.reuters.com at November 4, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.