NEW ZEALAND’S TOUR OF ENGLAND, 2021 by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on Share Tweet Watling will be replaced by Blundell. © AFP New Zealand wicketkeeper-batsman BJ Watling was ruled out of the second Test versus England at Edgbaston, starting Thursday (June 10) after failing to recover from a sore back. In his absence, Tom Blundell will take over the wicketkeeping duties. Blundell, who made his Test debut against the West Indies in December 2017, has played 10 Tests with two hundreds and two fifties to his name. “The injury has troubled Watling in the past and although it has improved in the past 24 hours, it hasn’t improved enough to be confident of him getting through a full Test behind the stumps,” New Zealand Cricket said in a media release. New Zealand is also without their regular skipper Kane Williamson who has been rested ahead of the World Test Championship final following an ‘irritated’ left-elbow. Tom Latham will lead the side in Williamson’s absence. After the two-Test series against England, New Zealand will play India in the WTC final starting June 18 in Southampton. © Cricbuzz Share Tweet TAGS New Zealand BJ Watling New Zealand tour of England, 2021… Read full this story
- New Zealand vs India 1st Test Day 1 Highlights: Rain Halts New Zealand Charge With India Reeling At 122/5
- ‘The Test’ review: Amazon Prime docu-series is all about the Australian cricket team’s path to redemption
- 'I think Justin Langer has another thing coming' - Jofra Archer primed for Test debut
- 'It's not very pleasant!' Fiona Phillips, 59, confirms she has coronavirus after suffering a 'sore throat, dry cough and headache' as she urges fans not to panic
- India vs England, Lord's Test: Murali Vijay’s technique was exposed by James Anderson: VVS Laxman
- India vs England, Lord's Test: MATCH HOME - Live scores, updates, reports, videos
- I have 'unfinished business' as Test captain, declares Tim Paine after Oval defeat
- India vs England, 2nd Test: Anderson picks five; India 107 all out
- One 'dangerous' coronavirus 'self-check test' is circulating on social media. Here's why you should avoid it.
- Instagram influencer with 1.3 million followers reveals she has coronavirus after live-streaming the test she got from a doctor friend despite normal Americans being turned away
Watling out of Edgbaston Test due to sore back have 360 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at October 10, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.