Mick Jagger pays tribute to Charlie Watts at Rolling Stones show Love Glastonbury? From tickets to headliners, sign up for latest updates from Worthy Farm SUBSCRIBE Invalid email We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info For around six decades, The Beatles and The Rolling Stones have had a friendly rivalry. And just last month Paul McCartney took a cheeky jab at Mick Jagger's band. In fact, the 79-year-old referred to The Rolling Stones as a cover band. Related articles Elvis Presley: Dolly Parton refused to let the King sing her song Jimmy Page regrets Phil Collins joining Led Zeppelin Live Aid reunion Speaking with The New Yorker, Paul McCartney said: "[ The Beatles '] net was cast a bit wider than [The Rolling Stones]. "I'm not sure I should say it, but they're a blues cover band, that's sort of what the Stones are." In response, Mick Jagger has taken a quick swipe back at McCartney during The Rolling Stones concert in Los Angeles on Thursday. The… Read full this story
- Rolling back: why we should welcome Mick Jagger's big screen return
- The Rolling Stones: Blue & Lonesome review – more alive than they've sounded for years
- A Day In The Life: Intimate photographs taken by Sir Paul McCartney's late wife Linda provide a rare insight into the Beatle's private world
- Harry Styles hires Mick Jagger’s bodyguard after getting mugged on Valentine’s Day
- Chuck Berry Remembered Through Song by The Beatles, Rolling Stones & More in 'Brown Eyed Handsome Man'
- How Altamont Cursed The Rolling Stones
- Returning to acting, Jagger plays a man of wealth and taste
- Bella Hadid, 23, poses with her 'twin' Carla Bruni, 52, on the cover of French ELLE... after previously joking about their likeness
- Harry Styles Performs Faithful Cover of Peter Gabriel’s ‘Sledgehammer’ on ‘Stern’
- Livin' On An Heir! Prince Harry sings with Jon Bon Jovi at Abbey Road on new charity single for Invictus Games - before recreating The Beatles' iconic album cover
Mick Jagger swipes back at Paul McCartney’s ‘Rolling Stones is cover band’ comments WATCH have 363 words, post on www.express.co.uk at October 17, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.