SINGAPORE – A man who started molesting his biological daughter when she was nine and repeatedly raped her after she turned 11, was found out after he tried to feed her contraceptive pills. He had disguised the pills as cough medication. The girl told her mother about the pills, and when the woman confronted her husband, he confessed that he was worried about getting the girl pregnant. On Thursday (Oct 14), the 45-year-old was sentenced to 21 years’ jail and 24 strokes of the cane by the High Court after he pleaded guilty to two charges of statutory rape and one charge of sexual assault by penetration. Judicial Commissioner Philip Jeyaretnam accepted the submissions of the prosecutor and defence counsel, who had both sought the sentence based on sentencing frameworks for both offences. The judge noted that the man had abused his parental authority and betrayed his daughter’s trust, and planned his offences when his wife was less likely to catch him. However, he also took into account that the man had immediately confessed and pleaded guilty, sparing his daughter from having to testify. The judge added that he hoped “time will do some healing to the family you have… Read full this story
- Grandad of 11-year-old shot dead on Fourth of July blasts Black Lives Matter for ignoring ‘black-on-black crime’
- Who is Rayshard Brooks, 27-year-old black man killed by Atlanta police?
- Rapist Joseph McCann was freed to attack 11 victims in rape rampage after major failings by ‘unstable’ probation team
- Family of felons: Jeremy Meeks's murdering rapist father poses on porch after 33 years in jail for barbaric five-hour attack of young mother as we reveal crimes of Chloe Green's OTHER future in-laws
- The nexus between drug abuse and rape
- Inside the 'third-world hell hole' Brooklyn jail where Ghislaine Maxwell could spend months awaiting trial on suicide watch as she hires lawyer who sent El Chapo down
- 6 years, 9 victims and an unlikely serial killer
- EXCLUSIVE: Ghislaine Maxwell has been placed in 14-day COVID isolation at 'third-world hell hole' Brooklyn jail and will appear remotely in her first public appearance in Manhattan’s Federal Court
- Harrowing ordeal of kidnapped estate agent who was kept in wooden coffin and raped
- Man sues for wrongful conviction after childhood in prison
Jail, caning for man who raped 11-year-old daughter, tried to give her contraceptive pills disguised as cough medication have 366 words, post on www.asiaone.com at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.