INDIA IN THE HUNDRED by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on Share Tweet India’s T20I Harmanpreet Kaur (left) will play for Manchester Originals in the tournament opener. © BCCI The inaugural season of The Hundred will see the participation of as many as five India women cricketers. Apart from senior stars Harmanpreet Kaur and Smriti Mandhana, top ranked T20I batter Shafali Verma, all-rounder Deepti Sharma and Jemimah Rodrigues are the others who will be part of the novel 100-ball tournament. Harmanpreet, India’s T20I skipper, will be part of the Manchester Originals while Mandhana has been signed up by Southern Brave. Deepti will represent the London Spirit franchise and Rodrigues will play for the Northern Superchargers. Shafali joins her national team colleagues as a late replacement for Sophie Devine who has opted out due to logistical difficulties. The young Indian opener takes the Kiwi all-rounder’s spot at Birmingham Phoenix. Beth Barrett-Wild, Head of The Hundred Women competition expressed her joy at being able to get the Indian stars on board for what is undoubtedly ECB’s most ambitious project till date. “They’re a hugely exciting group of players and they’ll bring a lot to the competition,” said Beth. “I can’t wait for July… Read full this story
- What Team India must do to be World Cup champs
- On this day: Harmanpreet Kaur wrote her name in cricket folklore with a whirlwind 171-run knock in 2017 WC semis
- We give second chances to others, then why not ourselves? asks Harmanpreet Kaur
- WBBL participation brought about decisive mindset change - Harmanpreet Kaur
- Should the women's game use a shorter pitch and a smaller ball?
- How to watch the women's game
- 59 China-linked apps banned by government including TikTok, SHAREit, WeChat, UC Browser: Complete list
- Relieve us from BCCI role, CAG asks Supreme Court
- COVID-19 impact: Is the mask getting more attention than it deserves?
- Trade tensions and technology tackled head-on at MIPIM Asia 2018
Harmanpreet, Mandhana, Shafali headline India's representation in The Hundred have 318 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at October 10, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.