INDIA IN THE HUNDRED by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on Share Tweet India’s T20I Harmanpreet Kaur (left) will play for Manchester Originals in the tournament opener. © BCCI The inaugural season of The Hundred will see the participation of as many as five India women cricketers. Apart from senior stars Harmanpreet Kaur and Smriti Mandhana, top ranked T20I batter Shafali Verma, all-rounder Deepti Sharma and Jemimah Rodrigues are the others who will be part of the novel 100-ball tournament. Harmanpreet, India’s T20I skipper, will be part of the Manchester Originals while Mandhana has been signed up by Southern Brave. Deepti will represent the London Spirit franchise and Rodrigues will play for the Northern Superchargers. Shafali joins her national team colleagues as a late replacement for Sophie Devine who has opted out due to logistical difficulties. The young Indian opener takes the Kiwi all-rounder’s spot at Birmingham Phoenix. Beth Barrett-Wild, Head of The Hundred Women competition expressed her joy at being able to get the Indian stars on board for what is undoubtedly ECB’s most ambitious project till date. “They’re a hugely exciting group of players and they’ll bring a lot to the competition,” said Beth. “I can’t wait for July… Read full this story
- India Women vs New Zealand Women, 3rd T20I: India ready to salvage pride in final game
- Mel Jones: Need to be 'more strategically smart' about scheduling women's domestic competitions
- Is it time to divide J&K into three?
- Republic Day: Google dedicates special doodle
- The Hill's Morning Report - Sponsored by National Industries for the Blind - VP nominee Harris, VP Pence crisscross Wisconsin today
- Allahabad HC quashes Kafeel Khan's detention under NSA, orders his immediate release
Harmanpreet, Mandhana, Shafali headline India's representation in The Hundred have 286 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.