HEARD the one about the Chelsea fan who grew up on a council estate, then sold his business for £45million and now lives a life of luxury which includes watching his top racehorses? It sounds too good to be true – but Alan Spence really does have, as one publication put it, a 'lifestyle to die for'. Make no mistake though, this business genius made his fortune through blood, sweat and a hell of a lot of hard work. These days he can kick back and enjoy the fruits of his labour, which includes being a vice-president at the club he loves. Watching his table-topping team from some of the best seats in the house at Stamford Bridge is just one of the ways Spence spends his down time since selling his travel business for £45m. It was not always this way though, far from it. Spence grew up on a Surrey council estate and as a teenager made the candy floss at Chessington Zoo. Working every hour he wasn't at school, he was also just a teenager – 19 to be precise – when he borrowed £50 from his dad and used it to set up his own business…. Read full this story
- Man who grew up on a council estate launched hair-growth shampoo with his wife and turned it into a £5M business selling a bottle every 30 seconds
- Chrissy Teigen, agony aunt! Model answers fans questions on all kinds of topics - including whether she 'runs around naked at home' - in hilarious Q&A section of her new website
- Newlyweds Jennifer Lawrence and Cooke Maroney jet off on honeymoon to a $12,745-a-night five villa estate in Indonesia... with their own private pool, outdoor dining area and panoramic ocean views
- Chelsea v Benfica: Europa League final – as it happened!
- Didier Drogba marks possible Chelsea return by lifting Soccer Aid trophy as he helps World XI beat England at Stamford Bridge
- Mount and Tomori tell how Lampard has finally given kids confidence to break Chelsea’s glass ceiling
- Chelsea assistant Jody Morris trolls Frank Lampard with hilarious mash-up of the Blues boss with Tammy Abraham’s hair
- John Crace: The life and times of a football widow
- ‘You’re the dirtiest car owner in NASCAR’: An oral history of the night Dale Earnhardt spun Terry Labonte
- Philip Norman on the 60s: ‘I never took holidays because every day was like one’
Chelsea fan went from council estate to £45m and life of luxury – including owning racehorses like one called John Terry have 394 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 25, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.