NEW ZEALAND TOUR OF ENGLAND, 2021 by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on Share Tweet England reached 67 for 0 at Lunch on Day 1 © Getty England’s openers navigated New Zealand’s attack with ease in the morning session of the second Test as Rory Burns and Dom Sibley went to Lunch on 67 for 0 in Birmingham. It was the first time since 2011 that an England opening pair batted out an opening session of a home Test. England opted to bat, making one chance to their side, bringing in Olly Stone for Ollie Robinson, while New Zealand made as many as six. Being led by Tom Latham in the absence of Kane Williamson, New Zealand ensured the scoring was tough for the English batsmen in the first hour of play. The batsmen, however, did well to play out the trio of Trent Boult, Matt Henry and Neil Wagner. The ball didn’t swing too much, and whatever they managed to extract, the batsmen handled well. There were the odd plays and misses, but no solid chance offered. In the second hour, though, England attacked and switched gears as the pair began finding the boundaries often to bring up the fifty-run… Read full this story
- India vs Australia U19 Super League Quarter-Final 1 Live Score: India Make Cautious Start Against Australia
- Billy the koala who won hearts around the globe when he was rescued from Australia's bushfires with badly burned paws tragically dies from his injuries
- San Francisco’s Burning Man exodus proves mostly a myth
- Burns Night 2020: Best recipes and deals on haggis, whisky, neeps and tatties
- Economic Survey 2019-20: Stubble burning incidents come down
- You can now have your teeth whitened from the comfort of your HOME - and it's half the price of going to the regular dentist
- Gigi Hadid makes the airport her runway as she touches down in New York City after modeling for Paris Couture Week
- Bella Hadid Used to 'Start Crying and Shaking' Before Interviews: 'It Was Really Nerve-Racking'
- Maisie Williams showcases her natural beauty as she goes make-up free while stepping out of Heathrow airport
- 'Dumpster fire' is in the dictionary now, so make of that what you will
Burns, Sibley make comfortable start in Edgbaston have 350 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at October 10, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.