NEW ZEALAND TOUR OF ENGLAND, 2021 by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on Share Tweet England reached 67 for 0 at Lunch on Day 1 © Getty England’s openers navigated New Zealand’s attack with ease in the morning session of the second Test as Rory Burns and Dom Sibley went to Lunch on 67 for 0 in Birmingham. It was the first time since 2011 that an England opening pair batted out an opening session of a home Test. England opted to bat, making one chance to their side, bringing in Olly Stone for Ollie Robinson, while New Zealand made as many as six. Being led by Tom Latham in the absence of Kane Williamson, New Zealand ensured the scoring was tough for the English batsmen in the first hour of play. The batsmen, however, did well to play out the trio of Trent Boult, Matt Henry and Neil Wagner. The ball didn’t swing too much, and whatever they managed to extract, the batsmen handled well. There were the odd plays and misses, but no solid chance offered. In the second hour, though, England attacked and switched gears as the pair began finding the boundaries often to bring up the fifty-run… Read full this story
- Man Utd player ratings: Bruno Fernandes makes solid start at Old Trafford, but hosts fail to get closer to top four
- DR MICHAEL MOSLEY: Make a diary date to lose weight as keeping a journal is the proven way to make a diet work by forcing you to be honest about the food you're eating
- How would Robert Burns vote in the Scottish referendum?
- The Flag-Burning Protest in Cleveland: My Minute-by-Minute Diary
- Burning Man organizers release statement on status of event
- 'I was clinically DEAD': Amanda Redman discusses suffering 90 per cent burns on her body as a toddler after pulling hot vat on herself
- How to Read Bleach Creator's Burn the Witch One-Shot
- Six ways to BURN calories and FUEL sleep: Dr MICHAEL MOSLEY reveals the simple exercises that can aid your restful slumber
- From calming fragrance to family fun: 6 ways to make your home into a comforting haven
- Your Step-By-Step Guide to Making Homemade Pizza from Scratch
Burns, Sibley make comfortable start in Edgbaston have 348 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at October 10, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.