Britain’s daily Covid cases have jumped again today as the outbreak continues to grow — but deaths have fallen. Department of Health figures showed 40,224 infections were recorded over the last 24 hours, a 15 per cent rise on last Monday. It marked the sixth day in a row that cases have risen week-on-week, although they have been hovering between 30,000 and 40,000 a day since mid-August. The current daily average is 37,991 new cases per day. England appears to be driving the current surge, with infections ticking upwards across the country. Northern Ireland is also seeing a rise in cases, while infections in Scotland and Wales appear to be plateauing. Health chiefs also posted another 28 Covid fatalities, which was down 15 per cent on the same time the previous week when 33 were recorded. It was the fewest daily deaths posted in two months. But death counts tend to be lower than expected on Mondays because of the weekend. No Covid hospitalisation figures were published for the UK today, but latest data for England showed admissions rose 11.7 per cent in a week on October 9 after 613 people went to hospital with the virus. Hospitalisations and deaths… Read full this story
- Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo is killing an unprecedented amount of children as the death toll of the killer virus reaches 170
- Vietnamese woman claims 15-year-old brother is the 'youngest victim' of migrant truck tragedy and died in 'bid to be reuninted with his parents who are both illegally living in Britain'
- CDC Director says an epidemic like the Spanish flu outbreak of 1918 that killed 100MILLION is 'very possible' and the thought keeps him awake at night
- How Much Worse Could This Measles Outbreak Get?
- Teenage girl, 19, died of hypothermia after 'deliberately' jumping into freezing river following drunken row with boyfriend over album by The Cure
- Ebola outbreak reaches city of 1 million residents
- Ebola vaccine is 97.5% effective, early outbreak data suggests
- As Ebola outbreak rages, vaccine is 97.5% effective, protecting over 90K people
- Apptopia: Helix Jump led all mobile games in Q4 2018 with 25.6 million daily players
- New York City's largest measles outbreak in nearly 30 years has ended, officials say
Britain's daily Covid cases jump by 15% in a week as outbreak continues to grow - but deaths dip by the same proportion to 28 have 345 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 11, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.