Share to Twitter Share to Linkedin Even before the arrival of crisp, cool days and the colors to begin to turn, baristas can be found across North America frothing up orange-hued lattes as early as August in anticipation of the annual pumpkin spice season . In the 18 years since Starbucks launched its pumpkin spice latte—ubiquitously known as the PSL—the flavor has expanded from a niche preference to a cult-favorite. In 2015, pumpkin spiced products generated over $100 million in revenue in a single season, and by 2018, the market was valued at over $600 million , according to Neilsen data. What explains the cultural obsession? Science finds the strong connection between our sense of smell and nostalgia make the warm, spicy scent particularly comforting , one we want to return to again and again. From pumpkin-scented candles to pumpkin-based moisturizers to pumpkin dog food—consumers now have no shortage of PSL-inspired products to choose from. And for those who love the taste, there are few foods that don't come in a pumpkin spice flavor these days. While many of them deliver on satisfaction, few offer nutritional benefits. Thankfully the healthy snack and supplement aisles have not been exempt from the… Read full this story
- Turn Your Leftover Pumpkin Into Delicious Fall Snacks
- What Healthy Snacks Can I Bring to the Office?
- Snacktaku Versus The Hostess Holiday Mint Snack Cakes
- It's True, Pumpkin Spice Is Creeping Up On You Earlier This Year
- Kotaku' Shop Contest: Pumpkin Spice Armageddon
- John Oliver Bravely Leads the National Pumpkin Spice Backlash
- The Late Night Snacks That Won't Upset Your Stomach and Wreck Your Sleep
- Here Are the 36 Questions That Will Allegedly Make You Fall in Love
- You Fell in Love '36 Questions' Style: Now What?
- That '36 Questions' Love Quiz Worked for the Bang With Friends CEO
36 Nutritious Pumpkin Snacks And Supplements To Try This Fall have 292 words, post on www.forbes.com at October 21, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.