Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskiy has warned the “response will be strong” after one of his top aides survived an assassination attempt. At least 10 bullets struck Serhiy Shefir’s car, the top aide and close personal friend of Mr Zelenskiy, outside of Kiev on Wednesday. The driver of his black Audi was badly wounded and taken to hospital, but Mr Shefir escaped uninjured. It is not known who carried out the shooting and the gunman is still at large. Mr Zelenskiy issued a warning to the attacker from New York, where he is taking part in the UN General Assembly. Advertisement He said he did not know who was responsible for the attack, but pledged “a strong response”. “These could be internal or external forces. But I don’t consider them to be strong because sending me a ‘hello’ by firing from a forest into the automobile of my friend is weakness,” he said. More on Ukraine Russia ‘lying’ over role in flight MH17 being shot down, say families of 298 victims at murder trial Vitaly Shishov: Missing Belarusian activist found dead in Kiev – police investigating ‘all possibilities including murder disguised as suicide’ Female soldiers made to march in heels sparks… Read full this story
- Trump wanted Ukraine to launch investigations before meeting with Zelensky, texts show
- What Was Gordon Sondland’s Mission to Ukraine for Trump All About?
- China Praises Venezuela's Response to Crisis, Backs Russia Against U.S. 'Military Intervention' There
- Israel hits targets across Gaza in response to rocket attack
- Israel, militants in Gaza trade fire
- Trump’s calls with leaders have long troubled aides
- Jay-Z, Curtis Mayfield, Earth, Wind & Fire Among New National Recording Registry Class
- Maduro opponents push to deliver international aid; Venezuela security forces resist
- Venezuelan aid convoys meet fierce resistance; 2 killed
- Assassinated Twice: Schubert Murders Stephon Clark’s Character
Ukraine leader pledges 'strong response' after shots fired at aide's car in assassination attempt have 297 words, post on news.sky.com at September 23, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.