According to Chu Hoang Long, a senior lecturer in the Crawford School of Public Policy at the Australian National University (ANU), the trade and investment deals are the most comprehensive agreements concluded between the EU and a middle-income country. By signing the agreements with the EU, Vietnam is on par with its major partners of the EU in Asia such as Japan and the Republic of Korea. The EU highly valued the signing of the two agreements, considering it an important step to reach a deal with ASEAN in the future, Long said, adding that the EU had signed a trade pact with Singapore in ASEAN. Under the agreements, EU exporters and investors will get preferential treatment in Vietnam as those from countries participating in Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP), which Vietnam joined, do. The signing of the agreements shows that Vietnam is committed to implementing the world's high standards in trade and investment activities, manpower use, the environment, and sustainable development, Long stressed. Implementing these commitments will help Vietnam build the image of a dynamic and civilized nation with respect for law and common values, he noted. The agreements will help increase the competitiveness of Vietnamese… Read full this story
- Vietnam-Flanders business forum talks EVFTA, EVIPA
- EVFTA – key for Vietnamese firms to participate deeper in supply chain
- Vietnam at a T-junction
- Who will lead Vietnam's economy?
- EVFTA ensures benefits for both Viet Nam and EU
- Vietnam hopes for investment from Swedish firms: PM
- Vietnam to become manufacturer of established global brands
- SOE equitisation, divestment of State capital help bolster M&A market
- Inside the fascinating Instagram of maverick Vietnam vet who returned from war and went on to photograph the best of American counterculture - becoming friends with everyone from Bob Marley to Keith Richards along the way
- Should the state spend money to raise capital in state-owned banks?
EVFTA, EVIPA to help raise Vietnam’s position: expert have 307 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 6, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.