There's a growing realization among Democrats that their plans for a $3.5 trillion spending package to reshape the nation's social safety net and to tackle climate change will have to be slimmed down because of anxious centrists worried about the 2022 midterms. Democrats by and large feel confident that President Biden Joe Biden FBI releases first Sept. 11 document following Biden executive order Afghan pilots to be transferred to US base after fleeing to Uzbekistan: WSJ NATO head says alliance signed off on US withdrawal from Afghanistan MORE 's ambitious "human" infrastructure agenda has strong public support and that a majority of Americans favor raising taxes on corporations and the wealthy to help pay for it. But there's also a recognition that moderate Democrats in swing states and districts need to show they're shaping the emerging reconciliation package. ADVERTISEMENT And a part of that process may be slimming down the package from the $3.5 trillion goal set last month by the Senate- and House-passed budget resolutions. "Most times when you face these situations there have to be some changes made in order to get the votes, especially when here in the [Senate] chamber it's tied and only the vice president… Read full this story
- Democrats’ Alaska Senate Dream Slips Away
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Report suggests U.S. election ‘most expensive in history’ with spending nearly $14 billion
- Trump tears into Fox News in tweet saying network cost him the election shortly after host Neil Cavuto cut away from Kayleigh McEnany over 'illegal voting' smears - and Sandra Smith ridiculed guest who questioned election result
- Democrats regroup after Texas eludes them — again
- Democrats Are Moving Fast on the Filibuster. Biden Isn’t Yet.
- Chaos as Trump SUES Michigan, demands Wisconsin recount & tries to claim Pennsylvania win as grip on White House slips
- Republicans Abandon Stimulus Checks As Talks Slip Toward End of Fiscal Year
- George Osborne gambles on spending cuts despite slip in voter support
- Newt Gingrich tells Donald Trump and Senate Republicans to open 'investigations' into 'fraud' in states called for Joe Biden including Arizona echoing president's claims Democrats are 'stealing election'
- Green with envy! Slimmed-down Rebel Wilson slips into a VERY low-cut swimsuit as she enjoys a beach day in Mexico with matching sister Annachi
Democrats see $3.5T spending goal is slipping away have 378 words, post on thehill.com at September 12, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.