Britain’s daily Covid cases have risen by 9.4 per cent in a week but deaths and hospitalisations have both fallen by around a fifth, today’s official statistics show. Some 34,526 positive tests were recorded across the UK, up from 31,564 last Monday, according to the Department of Health data. It is the eleventh day in a row that infections have increased week-on-week. Another 167 Covid deaths were recorded, down by 17.7 per cent compared to the 203 fatalities recorded one week earlier. And hospitalisation data shows 706 infected people came forward for NHS care on Friday, a drop of 18 per cent drop on the 741 reported on September 17. Both measures lag several weeks behind cases because of how long it can take for infected patients to become seriously ill. The rising number of cases come amid fears Britain could be on the cusp of a fourth wave, with data suggesting that cases have started to spill over from children to their parents. No10’s top scientists have always warned another wave of infections would strike this autumn following millions of pupils returning to classrooms. Meanwhile, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) published data today which showed the UK breached 1,000… Read full this story
- Daily Covid cases rise by another 14 per cent to 34,574 while number of virus deaths drops by 12 per cent to 38
- Covid cases rise by 15 per cent to 34,950 today as deaths increase to 133 - up by 9.9% on last week
- 'The system's not set up for that': Will regional ambulance services cope if COVID cases rise?
- Covid Cases in India: Weekly Covid cases dip to lowest in over 7 months | India News - Times of India
- ‘Please Get Your Child Vaccinated’: Children’s Minnesota’s Chief Doctor Pleads With Parents As COVID Cases Rise
- Covid Cases Rise in Mizoram, Campaign Launched to Create Awareness of Wearing Masks
- 'World Can't Look Away': Syrian Hospitals Unable to Cope as Covid Cases Rise Over 144%
- WHO Says Number of New Covid Cases Fell Last Week; Global Declining Trend Continues
- Britain's daily Covid cases jump by 15% in a week as outbreak continues to grow - but deaths dip by the same proportion to 28
Britain's Covid cases rise by 10% in a week to 34,526 but deaths and hospitalisations both drop by a fifth have 347 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 28, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.