The victim of a ‘horrific’ homophobic murder has been named as detectives appeal for help in catching his killer. Ranjith Kankanamalage, 50, was found with ‘blunt force trauma’ injuries to his head in a cemetery in London ‘s East End. His body was discovered in Tower Hamlets Cemetery on the morning of Monday, August 16th. Local residents said that the graveyard was well known as a ‘cruising’ spot for gay men, but gangs of youths had also been gathering there during lockdown . Police say that the victim – also known as ‘Roy’ – had lived in the area for several years. His family are being supported by specialist officers. The murder is being is being treated as a homophobic hate crime, although detectives say they are ‘keeping an open mind’ as the investigation continues. Ranjith Kankanamalage, 50, (above) was found with ‘blunt force trauma’ injuries to his head in a cemetery in Tower Hamlets, London Police patrols have been stepped up in the area and officers have been working with LGBT+ advisory groups and charities to inform and encourage members of the community to stay safe in the wake of the incident. Detective Chief Superintendent Marcus Barnett, Police Commander… Read full this story
- What happened to Stephen Lawrence, how old was he when he was killed and did he know his murderers?
- Horrific photos show aftermath of petrol bomb attack that killed four kids
- Young man stabbed to death as London's murder rate becomes worse than New York's
- Smirking pals who murdered 7st mum show off gun and cannabis farm and chainsaw
- Who killed Gianni Versace, was Andrew Cunanan caught by police and who else did he murder?
- Monster Michael Adebolajo say ‘sorry’ for murdering Lee Rigby in shock prison confession
- Pensioner charged with shooting lawyer dead after 'accidentally recording himself confessing'
- Bruce McArthur, alleged Toronto serial killer, facing 7th murder charge
- Pictured: The 49 lives taken so far on the streets of London in 2018
- Hate crime charge added in Blaze Bernstein murder investigation
Pictured: Victim of 'horrific' hate murder was found dead in cemetery used as cruising spot by gay men have 323 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 27, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.