DES MOINES, Iowa — A man was sentenced Monday to up to 10 years in prison for shooting into a car full of Black teenage girls after an Iowa rally for then-President Donald Trump, injuring one girl. Michael McKinney, 26, of St. Charles, pleaded guilty in June to intimidation with a dangerous weapon and willful injury in the Dec. 6 shooting after a rally in Des Moines near the state Capitol. Authorities said the girls in the car and rally participants were exchanging insults when the teenagers' car was surrounded by Trump supporters. The car backed up, hitting a pickup. At that point, McKinney, an Army veteran who was wearing body armor and carrying several firearms, shot into the car, hitting a then-15-year-old girl in the leg. He later told police he felt he was in danger and was protecting himself, according to court records. In a statement read to the court Monday, the girl said she believed she was going to die that day and didn't know if she would be able to walk again, The Des Moines Register reported . McKinney, who has been in custody since his arrest, apologized to the girl and said he used poor… Read full this story
- Man, 33, 'slit 10-year-old boy's throat, stabbed two adults and ran over a young girl during 16-day series of random commando-style attacks', his attempted murder trial hears
- DC Police release bodycam footage showing moment cops shoot dead 18-year-old black man after he pulled a gun - sparking protests - as it's revealed the teen was a 'validated gang member'
- Trump rallies led to 30,000 Covid cases and 700 deaths, according to claim by Stanford University scientists
- One Day After Trump Rallies in Michigan and Wisconsin, Polls Show Biden With Commanding Lead in Both States
- US Navy Veteran Sentenced to 10 Years Term in Iran - Report
- Hillary Clinton mocks Trump rally speech after the president called her ‘crooked and irredeemable’
- Kansas man sentenced to 10 years in Oklahoma cold case
- The Abortion Wars, 10 Years After George Tiller’s Assassination
- Who was Kevin Peterson? 21-year-old black man ‘shot by police’ in Vancouver
- Livermore Man Gets 1-Year-Sentence For Online Threats Against Ohio State Football Coach, Players
Man sentenced to up to 10 years for shooting Black girl at Iowa Trump rally have 354 words, post on www.nbcnews.com at August 10, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.