Getty Images NBA free agency officially began on Monday, with teams and players wasting no time coming to terms on lucrative deals throughout the league. The defending Western Conference champion Phoenix Suns got back an essential piece when Chris Paul agreed to re-up on a four-year deal, while the Los Angeles Clippers still await word on Kawhi Leonard, who is widely expected to return. The Miami Heat had another big summer, landing All-Star Kyle Lowry in a sign-and-trade with the Toronto Raptors while adding PJ Tucker to bolster their defense. Meanwhile, the Chicago Bulls reached an agreement with rising star guard Lonzo Ball and All-Star DeMar DeRozan to suddenly look like an imposing playoff contender. For other teams, it didn’t quite go as well. Obviously, this is subject to change as free agency unfolds, but here is a look at some winners and losers from 2021 NBA free agency so far. Winner: Miami Heat Oh, you didn’t think Pat Riley was going to sit on his hands this offseason, did you? The Miami Heat pulled off a major coup on the first day of free agency, landing veteran point guard Kyle Lowry and defensive forward extraordinaire P.J. Tucker while re-signing… Read full this story
- NBA Free Agency 2020: The top 10 players ranked
- Improving Lakers get moral victory. Heat get impressive actual victory. - ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
- The Biggest W.N.B.A. Free-Agency Moves
- Eurovision 2021 bosses confirm Italy winner will take drugs test amid controversy
- Valtteri Bottas takes Russian Grand Prix grid penalty as Mercedes make strategic move
- Royal Family LIVE: Harry and Meghan who? Kate upstages Sussexes with 'dramatic power move'
- NBA GMs predict Nets vs. Lakers Finals, Kevin Durant as MVP
- Cesarewitch Handicap: Runners, ante post odds and free bets for one of the biggest betting heats of the year
- Jets signing John Franklin-Myers to four-year extension as defensive end avoids free agency, per report
- 3 Ways To Make Money Moves That Matter For You And The Planet
2021 NBA free agency winners and losers: Lakers defense takes hit; Heat make power moves; Bulls go all-in have 322 words, post on www.cbssports.com at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.