The Nakkapalle police arrested three persons, including a police constable, for their alleged involvement in ganja smuggling, on Monday. The police also seized over 450 kg dry ganja worth ₹50 lakh, when the trio was transporting it in a SUV near Nakkapalle in the Visakhapatnam district. A police constable attached to the Koyyuru police station G.A. Naidu was reportedly involved in the ganja trade. The arrested were identified as Vasupalli Ramu (driver of SUV), G.A. Naidu and K. Jogi Naidu. The police said that Ramu used to drive the SUV carrying ganja while G.A. Naidu and his friend pilot the SUV on a two-wheeler to check and alert the SUV driver about police presence on the road. The police said that two more pilots escaped from the spot after noticing the police teams. The police also seized three bikes. A case has been registered and investigation is on to nab a few others in connection with the case.
- 4 kg ganja seized, three held
- Bid to smuggle 400 kg ganja to Sri Lanka
- Police seize 21 kg ganja near Tiruchi
- 553 kg gutka seized from bus carrying guest workers from Odisha
- Annapolis Police Make Arrest In The Shooting Of Two Children
- Two arrested with MDMA, ganja
- Police officers arrested in Sampath custody death case
- Newly formed J-K police wing arrests 10 Jaish overground workers
- Delhi teen’s rape: Retd Army subedar held, police suspect he targeted couples in parks
- Visakhapatnam: two persons threaten constable under the ‘influence’ of alcohol, taken into custody
Three persons, including police constable, arrested, 450 kg ganja seized have 240 words, post on www.thehindu.com at July 19, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.