When Nina and Rob Lifshey moved to Randolph, N.J., in 2019, they were looking for good schools and a reasonable commute to their jobs — hers as a college-admissions officer in Mahwah, his as a telecommunications product manager in Basking Ridge. It wasn't until after they bought their four-bedroom colonial-style house for $535,000 that "I happened to discover the trails," said Ms. Lifshey, 37, referring to the 16 miles of paths that wind through the woods and parks of this Morris County township. NEW Jersey Roxbury Twp. Denville Twp. Randolph Park Beach Millbrook Randolph Township Shongum Lake Sussex Tpke. MOUNT Freedom Ironia Chester Twp. Randolph Mendham Twp. Morris Morris county New Jersey 2 mileS As a marathoner, Ms. Lifshey runs the trails; Mr. Lifshey, also 37, and the couple's three children, ages 4 to 12, enjoying walking them with their dog. "We're an active family," Ms. Lifshey said. The trail system, which dates to the 1990s and was created for about $1.5 million, laces through Randolph's landscape of hills, ridges, ravines, streams and woods — striking scenery that makes it "a true New Jersey hidden gem," said Danielle Hilliker, a real estate agent with Kienlen Lattmann Sotheby's International Realty, in… Read full this story
- Actor-turned-radio host Joe Piscopo talks political correctness, the age of Trump and his possible run for New Jersey governor
- New Jersey Rep. Sherrill endorses Bloomberg
- Authorities Searching for New Jersey 5-Year-Old Who Vanished From Playground
- Bruce Springsteen Plays Smoldering Blues Set at New Jersey Bowling Alley
- This $24 Cutout Swimsuit Is a Hidden Gem on Amazon
- Coronavirus virus cases in US surge past 1,000 as nursing home patient in her 90s becomes 31st death and horse trainer is named New Jersey's first fatality
- New York reports first 2 coronavirus deaths
- Inside the Brady bunch's pad: New video gives a tour of Tom and Gisele's $33.9 million Massachusetts mansion as it remains on market after seven months
- Dune-hating Jersey shore town: Poll residents on boardwalk
- What Will New York Feel Like With Half a Million More People?
Randolph, N.J.: ‘A True New Jersey Hidden Gem’ have 333 words, post on www.nytimes.com at July 28, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.