A mother-of-three attempted to trick police and Interpol into arresting her French ex-lover by claiming she had been the victim of a £65,000 international extortion plot. Tracy Barron, 46, from Ballater, Aberdeenshire, claimed her rich oil worker ex-boyfriend had attempted to blackmail her for the five-figure sum by threatening to release intimate pictures of her to her family and the press. The multi-national deception even saw the mother convince her male friend to post her fake extortion letter back to Scotland from Paris, a court has heard. But Barron’s string of lies were exposed when police managed to tie DNA evidence on the stamp to her friend. The man was arrested and revealed details of her scheme. Tracy Barron (right), 46, from Ballater, Aberdeenshire, claimed her rich ex-boyfriend tried to blackmail her for £65,000 by threatening to release intimate pictures of her to her family In June 2019, Barron had contacted police claiming she had been the victim of attempted extortion by her ex-partner, fiscal depute Lucy Simpson told Aberdeen Sheriff Court. Barron told police that she had received a typed letter from her former partner requesting she transfer £65,000 within 14 days otherwise ‘intimate images’ of her would be shared, according… Read full this story
- Hundreds of police officers have been labeled liars. Some still help send people to prison.
- Ex-boyfriend, 39, accused of murdering mother-of-five Sarah Wellgreen tells a jury that he was not to blame for either her disappearance or death and describes them as a 'fantastic team' before their split
- Smugglers sunk by Spanish police
- Female ISIS cell are jailed for up to 30 years for failed plot to carry out a car bomb massacre outside Notre Dame cathedral
- Protesters battle police as tens of thousands take to streets of Catalonia with flights at Barcelona airport disrupted after Spanish court jails nine independence leaders for total of almost 100 years
- Islamist terror propagandist arrested in Madrid
- Failed Notre-Dame Plot Leads to Shame, Regret and Heavy Sentences
- EXCLUSIVE: 'She tried to kill us!' Indiana mother who adopted 6-year-old Ukrainian girl with dwarfism has been charged with abandonment but claims her 'daughter' was found to be a 22-year old 'sociopath' masquerading as a child
- Send in the clowns: Circus group unleashes 'Red Brigade' at Extinction Rebellion demonstrations as protesters drape themselves in robes resembling blood as police announce 800 arrests in three days
- AFP: Trial opens for five women in 'plot' to bomb Notre-Dame
Mother-of-three, 46, tried to fool police into arresting her rich French ex by inventing £65,000 international blackmail plot have 389 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 9, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.