Play video content Exclusive 1/6/21 Storyful 3:55 PM PT — It was just announced that U.S. Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund will resign, effective January 16. The U.S. Capitol Police Dept. may have been able to thwart Wednesday’s attempted coup if it had all hands on deck, but we’ve learned they had less than ONE-QUARTER of the force working … despite multiple, clear warnings the protest could turn violent. Capitol Police sources tell TMZ … 500 officers were working Wednesday as President Trump revved up the huge crowd of his supporters upset over the election results — giving them their marching orders with the Capitol as the final destination. Trump has been dog-whistling for weeks now, promising something big would happen on January 6. With that backdrop, the Capitol Police are 2,200 strong, yet only 500 were on duty. The way it works in most police departments around the country … when there’s the possibility of social unrest it’s all hands on deck. That did not happen here. Gallery Launch Gallery Getty Our source says the police believed they had enough staff to contain any unrest … by setting up barricades and locking up the 3 House office buildings –… Read full this story
- Cop sacked after selling himself for sex while on sick leave
- White US Cop Passed Over for Promotion Files Discrimination Complaint
- Former cop chief says 'money flushed down toilet' in policing Old Firm games
- Ex-CIA Agent Recounts Violent Arrest on Capitol Hill for Protesting CIA Torture
- Who are the British Counter-Terrorism police, are they armed, how many officers are there and what do they do?
- Police officer was moonlighting as a prostitute while on sick leave from 'sex scandal' force
- Georgia Cops Fired For Arresting A Woman After Consulting Coin Flip App (VIDEO)
- 'We don't want white middle-aged men representing us' says top cop
- Southern Trust Chief dodges question of resignation after family claim failings contributed to murder of pensioners
- John Worboys victim accuses government of 'scapegoating' resigned Parole Board chair
Capitol Police Only a Fraction of Cops On Duty, Chief Resigns have 319 words, post on www.tmz.com at July 1, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.