Victoria’s Secret announced a major shift in direction this week, when the lingerie brand parted ways with its supermodel “Angels” in favor of a line-up of women whose accomplishments lie far from the catwalk. From Heidi Klum to Gisele Bündchen and Alessandra Ambrosio to Tyra Banks, Victoria’s Secret was long celebrated as the brand that launched the careers of countless models and kept lingerie sales blissfully buoyant. It also boasted a glittering jewel in its crown—the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, an achingly glamorous affair that each year drew together lingerie-clad models, musical performers and a celebrity guest list worthy of a Hollywood awards ceremony. Such was the extravagance that among the sea of models sporting elaborate wings, one was chosen each year to wear the coveted Fantasy Bra, a diamond-encrusted garment that was regularly valued in the millions at annual unveilings. For select models who were anointed as “Angels,” promotional duties for the brand would extend throughout the year, with photoshoots on the golden shores of far-flung locations also helping to boost sales. However, things came to a crashing halt in November 2019, when the annual show—which debuted in 1995—was canceled , amid declining ratings and criticism of its failure… Read full this story
- Harry Knowles to 'step away' from Aint It Cool News amid sexual assault allegations
- Kevin Spacey Loses Bid to Skip Court Appearance for Sexual Assault Case
- Trump Administration Investigates Claim Transgender Bathroom Bill Led to Sexual Assault of 5-Year-Old
- Transgender Rapist Moved to Men’s Jail After Sexually Assaulting Female Inmates
- Two More Women Join Stoya in Accusing Porn Star James Deen of Sexual Assault
- Feminism Around the World: Affluent Young Man Acquitted of Sexual Assault Because There Was No “Lascivious Intent”
- Kevin Spacey to Seek "Evaluation and Treatment" in Wake of Sexual Assault Claim
- In Speech on Sexual Assault, Michelle Obama Tears Into Trump: This Is Not ‘Locker Room’ Talk!
- Mark Halperin Thinks Sexual Assault is Legal
- EXCLUSIVE – Classmate Named in Kavanaugh Sexual Assault Accusations Stands by Denial of ‘Absolutely Nuts’ Allegations
Victoria's Secret Scandals—From Transgender Backlash to Sexual Assault Allegations have 334 words, post on www.newsweek.com at June 17, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.