The Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center reported early Sunday that the global count of COVID-19 cases has reached 173 million, while the death toll is approaching 4 million. India which has the second-highest number of cases reported early Sunday that it had recorded 114,460 new infections in the previous 24-hour period, the lowest count in 60 days. The daily death toll of 2,677 was the lowest tally in 42 days. Public health officials have warned, however, that India's infection and deaths totals are likely undercounted. The U.S. has the most coronavirus infections at 33.3 million, according to Johns Hopkins, followed by India with 29 million and Brazil with 17 million. On Sunday, a bipartisan trio of U.S. senators — Democrat Christropher Coons of Delaware, Democrat Tammy Duckworth of Illinois and Republican Dan Sullivan of Alaska — stopped in Taiwan. The democratically ruled island has complained that China is blocking their efforts to obtain COVID-19 vaccines. "I'm here to tell you that the United States will not let you stand "alone," Duckworth said. "We will be by your side to make sure the people of Taiwan have what they need to get to the other side of the pandemic and beyond."… Read full this story
- Linkedin founder Reid Hoffman apologizes after $750,000 campaign donation linked to misinformation in Alabama senate race
- Jet Li donates to Taiwan relief
- Docus big b.o. draw in Taiwan
- "Charitable Donations" Launch On Google Play
- Taiwan pulls subsidy for 'Miao Miao'
- Pic takes stab at Taiwan ex-pres
- RAICES donates $3 million to flights for reunited families
- AFM: Taiwan Backs LGBT Drama 'Baby Steps'
- Scarlett Johansson Begins Taiwan Shoot for Luc Besson's 'Lucy,' Causes Media Circus
- Taylor Swift donates hundreds of tickets to mourning Weymouth, Massachusetts police department
US Donates 750,000 COVID Shots to Taiwan have 282 words, post on www.voanews.com at June 6, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.